Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mexican Lasagna

One dish that I enjoy fixing on a work night, since I'm tired and short on time, is Mexican Lasagna.  G frequently requests the dish and I'm only happy to oblige since it's super easy; plus it's also gluten-free so no modifications were needed, bonus.

Photo Belongs to the EverDay diary.

Ingredients
8 corn tortilla shells, halved (I use a 9x9 baking dish)
1 pound ground beef (you could sub ground chicken or turkey, if desired)
1 packet taco seasoning
2 tomatoes, diced/ or 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 jar salsa
Cheddar Cheese
Lettuce
Sour Cream (if desired)

Directions
Start by browning the meat.  Next add the taco seasoning, stir until combined.  Finally add the tomatoes.

Line your dish with the taco shells (halved shells laying flat).  Cover with meat and tomato mixture.

Place another layer of taco shells over the meat and tomato mixture.  Top with salsa.  Top with cheese.

Place in a 350 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.

Remove from the oven and top with lettuce and sour cream, if desired.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great, I'll have to try!

    I wanted to let you know about a new blog FEST about food, style & travel. Come follow along as I document my wardrobe challenge: to not but any clothes in 2012. It's gonna be great.

    ReplyDelete