I love sweets; cookies, cakes, cupcakes, doughnuts, it doesn't matter I love them all. The worst part of eating gluten free is having to give up many of these sweets at my favorite restaurants. My solution is trying to find homemade recipes to satisfy the void. I recently found this chocolate chip cookie recipe and it has quickly become my go-to to satisfy my chocolate chip cookie craving.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies**
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbs white sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cups white rice flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tsp tapioca flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2.) Add the eggs, one at a time, beat on medium speed until fully incorporated.
3.) Combine flour, starch, baking soda and xanthan gum in a separate bowl.
4.) Gradually add the dry mixture into the bowl containing the wet ingredients. Beat on medium speed until fully combined.
5.) Turn mixer off, scrape bowl.
6.) Add chocolate and incorporate into the mixture by hand being careful to keep the chips intact.
7.) Scoop mixture, using a cookie scoop, onto lined cookie sheets.
8.) Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes in a 350 degree oven until golden brown.
9.) Remove cookies, transfer cookies to cooling rack, and allow to cool.
**Recipe originally found at The Washington Post.