Photo belongs to the EverDay diary.
A few months ago a small cheese store opened up around the corner. Every time I went in for cheese I saw the bruschetta mix; I was eager to try it but without being able to eat bread I wasn't sure how I could eat it. So one night I whipped up this recipe.
Bruschetta Pork Chops Wrapped in Prosciotto*
- Pork Chops (bone-less)
- Bruschetta mix (or make your own)
- 1/4 pound prosciotto
- salt and pepper
2) Place approximately two tablespoons bruschetta mix and one slice prosciotto in each pork chop.
3) Close each pork chop. Season with salt and pepper. Place each pork chop on a baking sheet (preferably lined with aluminum foil). Bake in a 450 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
4) Remove the pork chops from the oven. Allow the pork chops to cool long enough to handle. Wrap each chop with one slice of prosciotto and secure with a toothpick, to ensure a prettier presentation. Bake for approximately another 5 minutes.
5) Remove the pork chops from the oven. Transfer to plates and remove toothpicks.
*Recipe belongs to the EverDay diary.